Wound care is essential to allow the body to heal itself. It is an ongoing process that requires minor wound debridements (removal of unhealthy tissue) as well as wound dressings. This provides and optimum environment for the growth of healthy tissue.
Wound debridements can be done in the clinic using sterile equipment. An ultrasonic machine can also be used to debride the wound. Click on the link below to see video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQiPZBj0SQY
- Wound Care for Venous ulcers including:
- Compression therapy and
- Wound care for Non-healing Diabetic Foot ulcers
- Novel Wound care treatments including
- Dermal Substitutes,
- Skin Grafts,
- Platelet Rich Plasma
- Surgical wound debridement including:
- Biological debridememt Therapy with Maggots
- Negative Pressure Wound Therapy
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
Novena Vascular & Varicose Vein Centre has a wide range of wound dressings available. These include silver based dressings, collagen based dressings Negative Pressure Therapy. Wounds require different dressings at different stages of wound healing.
One of the most effective dressings in Diabetic Foot Wounds is the VAC dressing. It is essentially a dressing using Negative Pressure i.e. Suction to encourage wound healing.